As a Billet you learn to speak the language of your Billet Son or Daughter and LOL was a common term used when texting each other. I decided to call these cookies my LOL cookies not because they made me laugh but because of what went into them.
If you like coconut you will love these cookies as coconut is the main ingredient. However, the name comes from the addition of Lemon, Orange or Lime peel. I prefer lemon but the orange and lime are good as well and the combination of lemon and orange is delicious. These easy to make cookies come out light and crispy and will disappear quickly.
A Billet’s Ingredients for “LOL” Citrus Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon, orange or lime peel
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
A Billet’s Directions for “LOL” Citrus Coconut Cookies
- ‘In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in peel. Combine flour and cornstarch and add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1” balls. Place 2” apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350ᶛ F. for 14 – 16 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
A Billet’s Notes and Tips
- I use 1 Tablespoon of peel for this recipe. I have mixed lime and lemon peel and also orange and lemon peel. Be careful though as lime peel can be slightly bitter so less of it is better.
- You can double this recipe but it is best to make two batches and flavour each batch as you like.
- Do not over bake these cookies.
- It is best to remove these cookies from the cookie sheet while they are still warm and before they cool.
- Coconut Nutrition Facts and Benefits
- Coconut from A to Z: 26 Interesting Facts
- Coconut Fun Facts
- Coconut Interesting Facts