I had a request from a friend for an easy to make Lasagna so here it is.
I received this great recipe from my sister-in-law. She made this often when our family got together. After sampling it at a family function I asked her if it was hard to make and of course I asked for the recipe.
As a Billet Mom I loved that this recipe didn’t require cooking the lasagna noodles ahead of time. I could assemble it and pop it in the oven and let it bake. Served hot out of the oven with garlic bread and a caesar salad it was always a favourite among my Billet Sons.
A Billet Mom’s “Easy Lasagna” Ingredients
1 small container (500 ml) ricotta cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 small container (500 ml) cottage cheese
2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped
Garlic plus® seasoning
3 cans Hunt’s® tomato sauce
1 box no cook lasagna noodles
A Billet Mom’s “Easy Lasagna” Directions
- Mix cheeses and eggs together.
- In a skillet brown ground beef, add onion, celery, garlic plus seasoning, and tomato sauce.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish put a layer of meat sauce. On top place lasagna noodles, break to fit pan. Add more meat sauce and a layer of cheese mixture, more noodles, meat sauce, cheese mixture. Last layer should be noodles and a layer of meat sauce. During last 15 minutes cover top with slices of mozzarella or grated mozzarella. Put back in oven until cheese melts or when lasagna is finished baking put cheese on top and place under broiler to melt.
- Bake in 350º F. oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- Season to your own taste. Instead of Garlic Plus seasoning you can add garlic powder, garlic powder, italian spices, salt and pepper.
- Cheese quantities can be varied if you can’t find a container that is exactly 500 ml. Use more or less depending on container size.
- Make two, use a foil pan for one. Bake and freeze the one in the foil pan for later use.
- The sauce for this recipe is easy to make but you can use your own favourite tomato meat sauce.
- If you don’t want to use ground beef use ground turkey or chicken instead.