I would often order Fettuccine Alfredo in the restaurant until I started to make my own. I tried the packaged kind but it had no flavour. This is easy to make and delicious. Many of my Billet Sons would request this along with a piece of chicken for their pregame meal.
A Billet Mom’s “Fettuccine Alfredo” Ingredients
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
Chopped fresh parsley
A Billet Mom’s “Fettuccine Alfredo” Directions
- Cook fettuccine as directed on the package. White pasta is cooking make Alfredo Sauce.
- In a 10-inch skillet heat butter and whipping cream over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Drain fettuccine. Pour sauce over fettuccine, toss until it is well coated. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- Use fresh parsley if possible. If you don’t have fresh you can use dried.
- You can sprinkle a little parmesan over the top along with the parsley just before serving. Make sure parmesan is grated fine.
- Add a small amount of garlic powder for flavour if you like garlic but be careful don’t add too much or it will overpower the dish.
- Variation: Add hot chicken pieces and/or cooked broccoli pieces to this for another delicious dish.
- Serve with a chicken breast and a slice of garlic bread.
- Fettuccine Calories and Nutrition Facts
- Fun Facts for Fettuccine Alfredo
- Make Fettuccine Noodles from Scratch
- Homemade Pasta Tips