I also call this my 6 Cheese Spinach Dip. I love spinach dip and often order it as an appetizer at the restaurant. This dip has great flavour with all its different cheeses.
My Billet Sons would devour this dip with crackers or pita bread so I would double the recipe, one for them and one for us.
A Billet Mom’s “Hot Spinach Dip” Ingredients
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup Asiago cheese
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Romano cheese
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup green and/or red peppers, chopped
1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
A Billet Mom’s “Hot Spinach Dip” Directions
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Press as much moisture out of the spinach as you can and stir into mixture.
- Spread into the bottom of a small baking dish.
- Bake until the middle is bubbling and the edges are a golden brown. Approximately 20-25 minutes.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- If you don’t have all the cheeses use a combination to makeup a cup. The Asiago cheese is a must for this recipe but you can add or decrease amounts of the other cheeses to make up one cup.
- Serve with Pita Bread or Crackers of any kind.
- Add 1/4 cup of onion chopped fine.
- Fresh parsley is best but if you don’t have fresh use 1/4 cup of dried.
- Make ahead and keep in the refrigerator until needed. Remove from refrigerator and bake. Add extra time for baking as it will be quite cold. About 10-15 minutes is usually enough time for it to be bubbling.
- Spinach Nutrition and Health Benefits
- 28 Benefits of Spinach
- Spinach Helps with Healthy Hair
- 8 Surprising Health Facts about Spinach