I remember sampling cookies at a coffee shop that had toffee in them and was hooked. I went home and looked for a recipe that had toffee in it. Of course I found lots of different cookie recipes. I decided to pick one that looked easy to make and I have made this recipe countless times. You can’t beat these cookies served warm from the oven with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. My Billet Son’s loved these cookies and would even stand and wait for them to come out of the oven.
A Billet Mom’s “Toffee Bit Cookies” Ingredients
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups toffee bits, heaping
A Billet Mom’s “Toffee Bit Cookies” Directions
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and add gradually to creamed mixture. Mixing until well blended. Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons unto cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly and put on wire rack. Cool completely.
A Billet Mom’s Notes & Tips
- Do not over bake these cookies or they will be dry. Take out sooner than later.
- After removing from oven cool only for about one minute or the toffee will harden making it really difficult to get off cookie sheet. Remove from cookie sheet using a egg turner and place on a wire rack.
- These can be heated in the microwave for a few seconds to give you that fresh from the oven taste.
- The cookie dough can be frozen for baking at a later time. I form my dough into cookies, if you don’t you will have to use up all the dough when it thaws out.
“Toffee Bits” Facts
- Make Your Own Toffee Bits
- Another Recipe to Make Your Own Toffee Bits
- Substitution for Toffee Bits
- Nutrition Facts for Toffee Bits