I have made these muffins many times and always get rave reviews. The sour cream in them keeps them moist and they are bursting with blueberries. They will become one of your favourites so don’t expect to have them around for long. They are delicious when heated up but are still very good cold.
A Billet Mom’s “Blueberry Muffins” Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
A Billet Mom’s “Blueberry Muffins” Directions
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together the sugar and butter until crumbly. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and add to sugar mixture.
- Fold blueberries in gently.
- Fill muffin tins 1/2 full and sprinkle with each one with streusel topping to cover batter. Fill about 2/3 full and sprinkle streusel topping over batter, approximately 2 teaspoons of streusel topping.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and cool.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- You can substitute lemon extract or lemon juice for the vanilla. If you use lemon juice increase to 1 teaspoon.
- You can make a glaze by mixing together 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle this mixture over slightly cooled muffins. Blueberries and lemon go very well together so if you like lemon substitute lemon juice for the water and lemon extract for the vanilla.
- I usually make these using frozen blueberries and put a heaping cup of blueberries in them.
- 10 Surprising Facts About Blueberries
- Blueberries Health Benefits, Facts and Research
- Why You Should Eat More Blueberries
- Blueberries – The World’s Healthiest Foods
- Top 7 Health Benefits of Blueberries