I received this recipe from a woman who was on a temporary job assignment where I worked. She brought this cake in so we could all enjoy a slice for lunch. It was so moist and so good that I asked for the recipe. I am a pineapple lover and that is my excuse for eating so much of this cake. I have served it for company and am usually asked for a second piece and the recipe.
I didn’t make a lot of cakes for my Billet Sons but if this cake was in the kitchen I would always find a piece or two missing.
A Billet Mom’s “Pineapple Cake” Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour, unsifted
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 (19 ounce or 540 ml) can of crushed pineapple
A Billet Mom’s “Pineapple Cake” Directions
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and lightly flour a 9″ x 13″ pan, set aside.
- Combine sugar, flour and baking soda in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine eggs, vanilla and can of pineapple including the juice in another bowl.
- Mix by hand until just combined dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- Prepare a delicious CREAM CHEESE ICING to put on cake. Cream together 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter and 1 package (8 ounce) softened cream cheese. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or pineapple extract and mix well. Gradually add in 1 1/2 cups icing sugar and mix. Spread on cooled cake.
- If you don’t want the icing sprinkle coconut or toasted coconut over the top of your cake. However, the coconut is really good sprinkled over the icing.
- Add some finely chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter. You can also sprinkle chopped and toasted pecans or walnuts over the top of your cake with or without icing.
- This can be baked as individual cakes using a muffin tin. I prefer to use paper cups for this.
- Health Benefits of Pineapple
- 27 Health Benefits of Pineapple
- Nutrition Facts for Pineapple
- 17 Mind-Boggling Facts About Pineapple