This is another one of those family favourites. This casserole recipe came from my cousin and every Christmas this appeared on the table. It was another one of those dishes that didn’t have any leftovers. It is easy to put together and absolutely delicious. Everyone that tries it likes it and usually goes back for a second helping. You might want to make two of these if you are serving it for a special occasion.
Not only did all my family members look forward to the appearance of this casserole on the table it became a favourite of my Billet Son’s as well. It went with any type of meat and vegetables I was serving. I could prepare it ahead of time. This casserole sure came in handy on those days when I knew I didn’t have a lot of time to put a meal together.
A Billet Mom’s “Potato Casserole” Ingredients
9 large potatoes
1 large package cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream
2 teaspoons onion salt
Salt & Pepper
A Billet Mom’s “Potato Casserole” Directions
- Boil, Drain and Mash Potatoes.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, salt and pepper to mashed potatoes. Beat until soft and fluffy.
- Put in casserole. Bake at 350º F. for 15 minutes with the lid on and approximately 30 minutes uncovered.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- Sprinkle the top with buttered crumbs or grated cheddar cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Cook potatoes ahead or use leftover potatoes.
- If you like garlic add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or more if you like.
- Parsley is good added to the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle some fresh parsley on the top just before serving.
- If you like bacon add some to the mashed potatoes. You can also sprinkle some on the top.
- Make ahead and keep in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before putting in oven. Bake in oven as directed.
- Nutrition Facts for Potatoes
- Nutrition Facts & Health Effects for Potatoes
- Love Potatoes here are 80 Easy Potato Recipes