I love muffins but don’t always have time to make up a batch. My Mother and my Cousin always had this on hand and would serve up hot muffins for breakfast.
As a Billet Mom I am always looking for recipes that make any meal easier. These Muffins are great to have all ready mixed up and waiting in the refrigerator. By time you have your Muffin Tins filled your oven will be heated up. From Refrigerator to Oven and Out it only takes about 20 minutes. The other good thing about this recipe is you can send your Billet Son or Daughter out the door with a couple of these hot from the oven. It gives them a good start to their morning. You can always add in a piece of fruit like a banana, apple or an orange. Breakfast has been served!
A Billet Mom’s “Refrigerator Bran Muffin Mix” Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup corn oil
1 cup white sugar
2 cups milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup health bran
2 teaspoons soda
1 cup raisins or dates or 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup dates
1 teaspoon salt
A Billet Mom’s “Refrigerator Bran Muffin Mix” Directions
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add other ingredients and mix.
- Keep in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Stir up before using after being in refrigerator. Will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Let sit in refrigerator 12 hours or more before making the first muffins.
- Bake at 400° F. for 15 minutes.
A Billet Mom’s Notes and Tips
- Here is another variation that my Aunt used to make and my cousins makes to this day. Use Ingredients above but decrease sugar to 3/4 cup and decrease salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Use above recipe and make PUMPKIN MUFFINS – Use only 1 cup milk, add 1 1/4 cups of pumpkin and add to dry ingredients – 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon cloves and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Replace 1 cup of milk with applesauce, bananas, grated carrots or whatever you like.
- Substitute chocolate chips, nuts, dried cranberries or blueberries for the raisins and dates.
- Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla if you like. If you like spice add any of the following to the dry ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger or allspice.
- Bake in paper liners which makes it easier for a take with.
- Understanding Bran and its Health Benefits
- Which Bran is Best – Wheat Bran or Oat Bran?
- Wheat Bran Nutrition Information
- Oat Bran Nutrition Facts
- Nutritional Value of Rice Bran
- When a Recipe calls for Bran can I use Bran Flakes?
- Moist Raisin Bran Muffins using Raisin Bran Cereal
- Great Muffin and Loaf Recipes using Bran